This gluten-free, naturally-sweetened chocolate chip cookies recipe has just 7 ingredients. Go ahead, try one.
This is one of the first chocolate chip cookie recipes that I created. Two subsequent recipes for gluten free chocolate chip cookies that I think are even better than this one include my Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies, here on this website, and my all time favorite gluten-free, dairy-free chocolate chip cookie recipe in The Gluten-Free Almond Flour Cookbook.
For those of you that were wondering, I use this website as a journal for the recipes that I write. I love all of my recipes, I test them all numerous times, however, it is only the most special and unique recipes that make it into my cookbooks. And, by the way, every recipe that goes into my cookbooks is tested by numerous people, including professional recipe testers. Sometimes recipes are tested upwards of 50 times before they make it into my books.
Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2½ cups blanched almond flour (not almond meal)
- ¼ teaspoon celtic sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 10 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup agave nectar or honey
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl
- Stir together wet ingredients in a small bowl
- Mix wet ingredients into dry
- Form 1-inch balls and press onto a parchment paper lined baking sheet
- Bake at 350°F for 7-10 minutes
- Cool and serve
* Please note: Bob’s Red Mill almond flour does not yield successful results when used in this and my other recipes. For more information regarding this matter please see my FAQs.
This will be my future go to for Chocolate Chip Cookies! I did modify the recipe a bit. I added 1/2 cup extra almond flour. Then I played with the baking time to get just the right brownness across the top. Thank you so much!
Michael, you’re welcome!
Quick question! Doesn’t this recipe usually have grape seed oil in it? If so, is it 1:1 sub for the butter?
Anne, I have a bunch of chocolate chip cookie recipes. Here is a list of them:
I freeze them and it works for me!
Just came to say that these are my absolute most favorite cookies in the world! I’m not kidding. My aunt makes them for my every time we see each other so it’s “our thing.” Been eating them for years and years (8?) Going to make a batch with my son on this beautiful, rainy day :)
Anne, thanks for your wonderful comment and for letting me know these are your favorite!