Perfect for holiday parties and potlucks, this chocolate bark recipe is a favorite of mine. It’s another gluten-free, dairy-free, vegan dessert that doesn’t taste it. And for those with no food restrictions whatsoever? Who can say no to candy, let alone chocolate? See for yourself, try some.
- In a large skillet, heat oil and agave until bubbling
- Add pecans and stir until they are well coated, then mix in salt and seasonings
- Cook for 4 minutes, then remove pan from heat
- Place nuts on a parchment lined baking sheet
- Place sheet in a 400°; oven and roast for 4 minutes, remove from oven and cool completely
- In a separate saucepan over very low heat, melt chocolate
- Pour chocolate into a parchment paper lined 9 x 13 inch baking dish
- Break up the pecans and sprinkle over the chocolate
- Using a metal spatula, spread the mixture evenly back and forth to ½ inch thickness
- Allow to sit out until set, 1-2 hours
- Cut into squares and serve
I discovered chocolate bark at a Teaching Peace event. Teaching Peace is an incredible organization that focuses on restorative justice. David Title brought his chocolate bark to the event and I begged him for the recipe. Good man that he is, he emailed it to me later that same night!
I made a few changes, removing the dairy, sugar and brandy –you get the idea. Still, I owe David many thanks for this crunchy little dessert that flies off the plate at my house.