The idea to make these gluten free Blueberries and Cream Cupcakes came from the book Martha Stewart’s Cupcakes. You can view her original recipe over at ivillage.com. While testing, the boys and I were referring to these yummy little gluten free treats as blueberry shortcake cupcakes and as you can imagine, the 3 of us enjoyed every bite.
My husband, unfortunately, was not privy to a tasting of these gluten free cupcakes since he was on an extended business trip and out of the country. Thankfully he’s back now, so I just might have to whip up a batch for him.
- In a small bowl, combine coconut flour, salt and baking soda
- In a large bowl, combine eggs, honey, shortening and vanilla and blend well with a hand blender
- Mix dry ingredients into wet, blending with a hand mixer
- Gently fold in frozen blueberries
- Scoop batter one heaping ¼ cup at a time into a paper lined muffin pan
- Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes
- Cool 1-2 hours and then top with Whipped Cream Frosting or Coconut Whipped Cream
- Decorate each cupcake with 4-5 fresh blueberries (place on top of frosting)
Wow, so much buzz in the world of almond flour! I was impressed with this very informative post by Alexa of lexieskitchen.com called How to Make Almond Flour. She provides excellent instructions for those times when you run out of your favorite superfood flour and don’t want to wait for a shipment, even including photos of her finished “product” alongside Honeyville’s.