This delicious, healthy and somewhat sophisticated treat is not too sweet, making a great candy for adult palates. It may appeal to the younger crowd as well –my 10 year old ate a dozen of these and then packed more in his school lunch.
Chocolate Prune Truffles
- Place prunes in a bowl and cover with cherry juice
- Soak for 1-2 hours
- If your prunes are hard, not juicy, you may need to heat them just a bit in the cherry juice until soft
- Place prunes and juice in food processor and pulse until smooth, about 30 seconds
- Pulse in vanilla, then melted chocolate
- Scrape mixture into a bowl and place in freezer for 30-45 minutes, until almost smooth
- Remove from freezer, and roll into 1″ balls in palm of hand
- Roll in coconut to coat
Makes 15 truffles
I made these truffles liquor free (for the boys) and dairy free (for me) and swapped out a few other ingredients as well to create this vegan version. I hope you enjoy this little treat as much as my family has!
Please head on over to Facebook or Twitter to ask me anything not addressed on my Frequently Asked Questions page.