Aguas frescas are a popular fruit beverage from Mexico. Naturally gluten free and completely refreshing, my children fell hard for this cool drink, taking bottles of it to the ball field yesterday.
You could also serve these for Father’s Day; they’d be a delicious, healthy and hydrating treat for Father’s Day brunch. Most aguas frescas drinks are packed with sugar, however, as you can see below, my recipe is completely au natural. Enjoy!
- 2 cups watermelon, sliced into 1-inch cubes, discard rinds
- ¼ cup lime juice, fresh squeezed
- 10 drops stevia
- ice, lots
- Place watermelon, lime juice and stevia in a vitamix and puree on highest setting until liquefied
- Fill 2 large glasses to the top with ice
- Pour watermelon mixture over ice
This was my first time making aguas frescas. Have you ever made them? If so, leave a comment and let us know your favorite aguas frescas recipe or concoction!
If you are in Fort Collins, Colorado this coming Friday, June 25th I will be teaching a gluten free gourmet cooking class at Whole Foods (we’ll be making 10 different recipes) on College Avenue at 6:30pm (MST). The cost is $40 and is limited to 12 students. It’s filling up fast so hurry up if you’re interested! To register call (970) 267-9200 or visit the Whole Foods guest service desk in Fort Collins.