Tart and tangy paleo Cranberry Bars are a fan favorite! If you’re craving cranberries this gluten-free dessert recipe will hit the spot with its mouth puckering goodness. Fans love that this is an egg-free dessert. If you use agave instead of honey, it’s a great vegan dessert too!
Can you believe this entire bar is made with only 7 ingredients?! With a protein packed pecan crust and anti-oxidant rich cranberry topping, this easy dessert recipe is good for Christmas parties, Thanksgiving, kid lunches, or a healthy snack.
- Place pecans and dates in a food processor and pulse until ground
- Pulse in oil and salt until mixture begins to form a ball
- Press crust into a greased 8 x 8 inch baking dish
- Bake at 350°F for 8-12 minutes until lightly browned
- To make cranberry topping, place 4 cups cranberries, honey, and orange zest in a saucepan
- Bring mixture to a boil
- Cover and reduce to a simmer 10-15 minutes, until cranberries start to dissolve
- Add remaining 2 cups cranberries and cook covered for 5 minutes
- Remove mixture from heat and cool 10 minutes
- Pour mixture over crust
- Allow bars to set in refrigerator for 90 minutes
I first made these Cranberry Bars as a tart. That was before Robyn and her kids came over for an afternoon of baking with us. She suggested making this paleo dessert as a bar, to make it a healthy snack when she is on-the-go.
I hope you love this versatile gluten-free dessert as much we do. This amazing paleo Cranberry Bars recipe has fall written all over it.
We are buried in snow today and school was canceled. It’s been snowing for 20 hours straight and we have accumulated feet, not inches. I’ve been cozying up with my gluten-free cookbook, The Gluten-Free Almond Flour Cookbook, baking cookies while the boys build snow caves and sled down our street. Feels like Christmas already!