This vegan egg-free mayonnaise is a family favorite. With only four ingredients it couldn’t be easier to make!
Egg-Free Mayonnaise Recipe
All you need to make this egg-free mayonnaise recipe is olive oil, marcona almonds, apple cider vinegar, and maple syrup.
Vegan Mayonnaise Recipe
If you don’t want to use maple syrup you can use agave. I don’t like to use agave but since it has such a neutral flavor profile it’s perfect for this recipe. Honey doesn’t work in this recipe, and it’s not vegan.
How to Make Egg-Free Mayonnaise
You will definitely want to use marcona almonds for this recipe. There’s something special about them. First they don’t have skins. Second, they’re roasted. Third, they’re salted and oily.
- Pour vinegar and maple syrup into vitamix and puree on high speed for 20 seconds until combined
- With motor running on medium or high, drizzle in olive oil to create an emulsion
- Don’t worry, if you don’t get the emulsification, the almonds will thicken up your mixture
- Blend in 2 tablespoons of almonds, then check for thickness and texture
- If necessary, blend in another tablespoon of almonds, until thick and creamy
- Serve with sandwiches, burgers and salads
Marcona Almond Mayonnaise Recipe
I created this healthy mayonnaise recipe when adapting a peanut salad dressing from Martha Stewart Living. I had accidental emulsification resulting in this amazing vegan mayo!
Homemade Mayonnaise Recipe
This homemade Marcona Almond Mayonnaise recipe works well on Kaleslaw and the perfect spread for sandwiches.
Free exclusive eBook, plus recipes and health tips, delivered to your inbox.
Low Cholesterol Mayonnaise Recipe
This low cholesterol egg-free mayonnaise recipe is ideal for the cholesterol-phobes in your life!
This post is an oldie but goodie from the archives. I first shared this recipe in January 2010.