This vegan mayonnaise has quickly become a family favorite. I based the idea on a recipe I found in an old issue of Martha Stewart Living. I happened upon an interesting recipe for a peanut salad dressing, made several adaptations until I ended up (somewhat accidentally) with this scrumptious gluten free, egg-free vegan mayo which is delicious on my Kaleslaw.
- Pour vinegar and agave into vitamix and puree on high speed for 20 seconds until combined
- With motor running on medium or high, drizzle in olive oil to create an emulsion
- Don't worry, if you don't get the emulsification, the almonds will thicken up your mixture
- Blend in 2 tablespoons of almonds, then check for thickness and texture
- If necessary, blend in another tablespoon of almonds, until thick and creamy
- Serve with sandwiches, burgers and salads
I have a couple of radio interviews coming up in support of my gluten free cookbook, The Gluten-Free Almond Flour Cookbook. The first is tomorrow (January 9th) at 8:30am (MT) with John Walters on The Food Dude Show (1450 WHLL in Massachusetts). The next one is on January 12th and it’s with Zorba Paster and Tom Clarke on the Zorba Paster on Your Health program, Wisconsin Public Radio at 9:15am (MT).