And now, time for something easy. After making far too many desserts during the holidays, I thought it might be good to share a recipe for a quick meal. Children and adults alike enjoy this simple, yet decadently rich pasta dish.
- In a large pot, bring 12 cups of water to boil, then add 1 tablespoon grapeseed oil and pasta
- Reduce to slow boil, stirring frequently and cook uncovered 7-9 minutes
- Drain pasta in a steel colander
- In a small saucepan, heat cheese, butter and cream over low heat and stir until melted
- In a small bowl, dissolve kudzu into water and mix well
- Stir kudzu mixture into pot of melted cheese
- Whisk cheese mixture vigorously by hand or with a hand blender
- Drizzle cheese sauce over pasta
- Serve with broccoli and a sprinkle of extra cheddar
My boys never fail to devour this classic child-friendly dish –old time comfort food with a new gluten-free twist. They usually end up mopping the remains of the cheese sauce off their plates with the broccoli. I hope you enjoy this rich and creamy gluten-free macaroni and cheese recipe as much as they do.