My younger son is a big fan of my Chipotle Orange Chicken and asks me to make it on a weekly basis. Since it’s perfect grilling weather, I decided to make a version of this recipe with chicken breasts that could easily be thrown on the grill –just in time for when they arrive home from baseball practice.
Yes, we’re back in baseball season, this time it’s fall ball.
I like to serve this tangy, gluten free chicken dish with grilled broccoli. And what do I like best about this meal? No pots to clean!
Grilled Chipotle Orange Chicken
- 1 pound chicken breast, boneless, skinless
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed
- 1 tablespoon herbes de provence
- 1 tablespoon honey or agave nectar
- 1 teaspoon celtic sea salt
- 1 tablespoon chipotle chili powder
- 1 cup orange juice, freshly squeezed
- Place chicken in a 7 x 11 inch baking dish
- Pour orange juice over chicken breasts
- In a small bowl, combine garlic, herbes de provence, honey, salt, and chipotle, then rub mixture onto chicken breasts
- Marinate chicken in refrigerator, time permitting for up to 5 hours
- Place chicken breasts on a plate, and reserve marinade
- Heat grill and cook chicken for 5-7 minutes per side until browned and cooked in the center
- Cook marinade, bringing to a boil, then reduce heat and cook for 10-15 minutes
- Serve chicken with marinade
Check out my new book tour page. For those of you that live in the New York area, I will be doing a signing in the city on September 9th and also have one at the Culinary Institute of America in Hyde Park, NY on September 12th.
Made this recipe for our first CrossFit Continuum Paleo dinner party and it got RAVE reviews..super easy to make..I marinaded the meat ALL day…and cut the chicken breasts in half to make grilling a little faster
will make this one OVER AND OVER..thanks
Nancy Olson says
Nice to look recipe, but I’m not comfortable with the too much burned part. but it’s definitely delicious, i suggest to cook with the turbo.
Question, Do you rub it on both sides of the chicken breast, or just on top? Marinading now, just now sure , thanks so much
sara barroso says
Elana… This chicken dish is amazing. I couldn’t get enough. I didn’t have the chipotle seasoning but I substitued chipotle in adobo and it was fantastic. It will certainly be on my weekly meal list as it’s so easy!
Elana, you mentioned you liked to serve this yummy chicken with grilled broccoli. I’ve grilled other veggies but not this. How do you go about grilling broccoli? Thanks!
Another hit, Elana!! This was fabulous! Thanks!!
Do you pack your boys lunches for school? If so, can you give us some suggestions of the things that you put in their lunch boxes? My daughter is 10 years old and I send her lunch to school with her, but would like some new ideas to make lunch more enjoyable for her.
I know you have a particular interest in the health issues associated with sugar intake. You may find this UCTV (University of California) research presentation on sugars (& especially fructose). It’s long, but very good.