My younger son is a big fan of my Chipotle Orange Chicken and asks me to make it on a weekly basis. Since it’s perfect grilling weather, I decided to make a version of this recipe with chicken breasts that could easily be thrown on the grill –just in time for when they arrive home from baseball practice.
Yes, we’re back in baseball season, this time it’s fall ball.
I like to serve this tangy, gluten free chicken dish with grilled broccoli. And what do I like best about this meal? No pots to clean!
Grilled Chipotle Orange Chicken
- 1 pound chicken breast, boneless, skinless
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed
- 1 tablespoon herbes de provence
- 1 tablespoon honey or agave nectar
- 1 teaspoon celtic sea salt
- 1 tablespoon chipotle chili powder
- 1 cup orange juice, freshly squeezed
- Place chicken in a 7 x 11 inch baking dish
- Pour orange juice over chicken breasts
- In a small bowl, combine garlic, herbes de provence, honey, salt, and chipotle, then rub mixture onto chicken breasts
- Marinate chicken in refrigerator, time permitting for up to 5 hours
- Place chicken breasts on a plate, and reserve marinade
- Heat grill and cook chicken for 5-7 minutes per side until browned and cooked in the center
- Cook marinade, bringing to a boil, then reduce heat and cook for 10-15 minutes
- Serve chicken with marinade
Check out my new book tour page. For those of you that live in the New York area, I will be doing a signing in the city on September 9th and also have one at the Culinary Institute of America in Hyde Park, NY on September 12th.
Love the orange and chipotle combo.
The book tour sounds great! We really love the recipes in the book. After we make a few more items I’ll post my review.
Can’t wait to see you at BlogHer 09.
The very best of luck at your book signing. I should be able to hunt up some chipotle powder here and get cooking.
The chicken sounds great! It’s just what I have been looking for to shake things up ;) Thank you!
Hi Elana: Oh this looks scrumptious. I live in New Mexico and Chipotle is part of the tradition around here. I just love the smokiness of this chili. I’m going to try this one. Good luck with the book signing, you have worked hard and deserve the kudos.
Last week I made your Chipotle-Lime Salmon and the whole family loved it. I am sure this is just as wonderful. Congrats on all the book success – it is well deserved!
I love chipotle, and this sounds great!
Looks like another great EASY recipe!
gfe-gluten free easily says
Oh, this is a yummy looking dish, Elana! I like orange chicken and I like chipotle with lime (thanks also to you), mango, and peach, so orange seems like a good choice as well. It’s right on time, too, as I have an abundance of chicken breasts in the freezer and we are headed to our mtn property tomorrow and I didn’t really have a food plan yet. Now I do–thank you! :-)
Congrats on all your wonderful book events! Like Amy said, they are really impressive! I know you will do great. Thanks so much for spreading gluten-free awareness with your fabulous recipes. I’m betting Martha will be so impressed, she’ll have you on her televison show–fingers crossed!
I wish you could come to my town for the book signing!
Amy Green - Simply Sugar & Gluten-Free says
Way to go on the CIA signing!! That is incredible. So is the Martha Stewart interview. Wow. Wow. Wow. And congrats!!!
Too bad you won’t be in Dallas!! I’d love to meet you.