Apricot Power Bars are a great grab and go breakfast or the perfect pick me up on the way home from the gym. Kid-friendly (with white chocolate) and Paleo-friendly (with dark chocolate, or no chocolate at all) I’ve made these gluten free bars each and every way.
I used white chocolate chips from my local Whole Foods when I made these for the boys. The chips come in a little unmarked plastic tub –sorry I don’t have more info on that. If you’d like to find out more you can try calling the Whole Foods in my neighborhood (it’s actually called Ideal Market and is the smallest Whole Foods in the country) at 303-443-1354.
- Place apricots and pecans in a food processor and pulse until the texture of coarse gravel
- Pulse in eggs, salt and vanilla, until mixture forms a ball
- Remove mixture from food processor and work in chocolate chips
- Place mixture in a greased 8 x 8 inch baking dish
- Bake for 25 minutes at 350°F
- Cool and serve
If you’re looking for more ways to get your daily dose of apricots and gluten free cake is your thing, try my magically moist Cherry Apricot Cake recipe. Or, if candy is what you’ve got a hunkering for, check out these Cranberry Apricot Truffles (one of my all time favorite gluten free recipes).
Here are some more gluten free treats made with apricots that you might like:
–Apricot jam with noyaux, spices and bourbon by Sean of Hedonia
–Simple Roasted Apricots with Honey Mascarpone by Joy of Joy The Baker
–Thumbjams by Dan of Renegade Kitchen