I had thought I was making Spiced Nuts, though when I pulled these out of the oven, I realized that I had actually made a scrumptious nut brittle. So, I made the recipe several additional times, tweaking each version along the way until I was pleased with this new permutation.
- In a large bowl, whisk together egg white, agave, salt and cinnamon
- Toss nuts in the egg white mixture to coat
- Pour nut mixture onto a parchment paper lined baking sheet
- Bake at 300° for 30 minutes, until nuts are browned
- Allow nuts to cool for 5 minutes, then break apart and serve
This brittle is great for a party or nice to keep around as a snack. It also makes a lovely hostess gift when placed in a little tin or box, that is then tied with a pretty ribbon. By the way, this gluten free nut snack is one of my favorites. You can experiment with other nuts in this recipe instead of the pecans (though I haven’t tried this myself); if you do please let us know how it turns out.
You may also want to try some brittle type recipes from these bloggers:
–Cinnamon Pumpkin Seed Brittle from Stephanie of Wasabimon
–CrockPot Peanut (Not Brittle) Candy from Stephanie of A Year of Slow Cooking
-Spiced Almond Brittle from Kelly of The Spunky Coconut