Cherry Berry Syrup
- In a saucepan over medium heat, bring the cherries, blueberries, apple juice, and stevia to a boil
- Lower the heat and simmer for about 10 minutes, until fruit is soft
- In a small bowl, dissolve arrowroot powder in water, stirring until thoroughly combined
- Raise heat to high, add arrowroot mixture to fruit, and cook, whisking constantly, until the mixture thickens and becomes glossy, about 1 minute
- Let sauce cool and thicken for 10 minutes before serving
- Use right away or store in a glass jar in the refrigerator for up to 3 days
This Cherry Berry Pancake Syrup is another wonderfully satisfying recipe that I am sharing from my third book, Paleo Cooking from Elana’s Pantry. My boys gobble up this Paleo pancake syrup recipe on top of my Paleo Pancakes and sometimes I simply serve it for dessert with a heaping dollop of fresh homemade whipped cream. I also like to serve this syrup over my paleo crepe recipe along with a nice helping of Coconut Whipped Cream. This combination makes for a fantastic Paleo Christmas brunch, or a wonderful Paleo Easter brunch!
I am particularly fond of this pancake syrup recipe because it replaces high glycemic pancake syrup with a lower-carb, healthier version full of fruit and good fiber! The best part? No compromise on taste, and of course, it’s quick and easy to make.