I’m on a gluten free cupcake mission, as you can see from the photo above and my other recent posts for Jelly Donut Cupcakes and Coconut Key Lime Cupcakes.
The boys are thrilled when they get home from school and the house looks like its ready for a birthday party. And I’m thrilled to see them with frosting all over their cute little faces.
Banana Cream Pie Cupcakes
- 1½ cups blanched almond flour (not almond meal)
- 1 tablespoon arrowroot powder
- ¼ teaspoon celtic sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 2 large eggs
- ¼ cup grapeseed oil or palm shortening
- ¼ cup agave nectar or honey
- 1-2 very ripe bananas, about ¾ to 1 cup mashed
- In a large bowl, mix together almond flour, arrowroot powder, salt and baking soda
- In a small bowl, combine eggs, grapeseed oil and agave and then stir in mashed bananas
- Mix wet ingredients into dry
- Scoop batter one heaping ¼ cup at a time into a paper lined muffin pan
- Bake at 350°F for 15-18 minutes
- Remove from oven, allow to cool, then frost with Whipped Cream Frosting and dust with Chocolate "Dirt"
I think these light and fluffy gluten free banana cupcakes would also be fabulous with Chocolate Frosting or the Peanut Butter frosting from my book, The Gluten-Free Almond Flour Cookbook.
If you are in Boulder on May 22nd I will be at the Whole Foods on Pearl Street from 12-2pm for a book signing and tasting event. It should be a blast! Hope to see you there.
I made these for a luncheon yesterday….they disappeared! Delicious. I substituted Swerve sweetener for the honey and they came out fantastic. I am dairy free as well so I used my non-dairy cream cheese icing recipe and added banana to it instead of the whipped cream icing. Never had anything from your site I didn’t like. Thanks!