So far, this one for gluten free Almond Joy Chocolate Bark is my family’s favorite. I like the way the toasted coconut adds a tiny crunch to the bigger crunch of the almonds, all of it enrobed in delicious dark chocolate, of course. Go ahead and try some, see for yourself!
Almond Joy Chocolate Bark
- Melt chocolate over very low heat
- Scatter almonds and 3 tablespoons of coconut over chocolate
- Using a rubber spatula spread the mixture evenly back and forth to ½ inch thickness
- Sprinkle remaining tablespoon of coconut on top of mixture
- Place bark in fridge for 2 hours to set
- Break into square bars
And just a note for all of you agave-phobes –there is no agave in this recipe. However, they’ll be more on that subject in a forthcoming post. Stay tuned.