The other day, I noticed that I had 2 butternut squash sitting in my kitchen, waiting to be cooked. The first I turned into butternut squash soup.
I wanted to be a bit more creative with the second one, so I figured I’d make fries out of them. The boys must have eaten an entire 3 pound squash worth of oven fries. They chowed on them all afternoon and then asked for more. I ate quite a few myself, to me they were as sweet as candy.
- Peel the squash and remove the seeds
- Cut squash into long thin slices (about ¼ inch thick by 2 inches long)
- Place squash in a large bowl and generously coat with equal parts grapeseed and olive oils
- Sprinkle with salt and toss
- Lay squash fries onto 2 or 3 large baking sheets
- Broil one tray at a time in oven until crispy
Hope you enjoy this tasty winter treat as much as we did!
Please head on over to Facebook or Twitter to ask me anything not addressed on my Frequently Asked Questions page.