These mounds bars are easy to make and rich with dark chocolate and a coconut filling consisting of shredded coconut, coconut oil and agave. My older son downed them and thought they were delicious. My younger son is not a chocolate lover, so these did not strike his fancy.
- Melt chocolate in a small pan over very low heat; you can use a double boiler if you wish and temper the chocolate
- Using a small paint brush , coat the bottom and sides of a mounds candy mold
- Place mold in freezer for 10 minutes to allow chocolate to harden
- In a small bowl, combine shredded coconut, coconut oil and agave
- Remove mold from freezer
- Fill chocolate lined molds with coconut mixture
- Paint chocolate over coconut mixture to cover bars
- Place in freezer for 10 minutes to harden
- Remove from freezer, turn mold upside down and pop mounds out of mold
In book tour news, I will be appearing live on The Zoe Alexander Connection on Blog Talk Radio this Thursday at 11am (MST). We will have a call in period during the show; if you want to say hello, the call in number is (347) 843-4537. I’ll also be appearing on The Jeff Farias Show podcast
later that day on March 2nd at 6:30pm (MST).