This healthy salmon recipe is a win-win! It’s delicious and nutritious. I love fatty fish, and salmon is my favorite. Salmon is one of the best brain foods you can get. It is high in omega-3 fatty acids, B vitamins, vitamin D, and so much more!
When I prepare salmon, I purchase wild salmon. I don’t want to feed my family farmed salmon. I maintain this policy in restaurants too. When salmon is on the menu, I inquire as to the way it was raised. If the server doesn’t know, it’s likely the salmon is farmed.
- Heat olive oil in a 9 inch skillet
- Saute leeks and fennel for 6-8 minutes until soft
- Stir in thyme and spinach and cover skillet for 2-3 minutes until spinach is thoroughly wilted
- Stir coconut milk into mixture
- Transfer mixture to a vitamix and puree on highest speed until smooth
- Blend in lemon juice and salt
- While vitamix is running on medium speed, slowly drizzle in olive oil
- Serve over salmon or veggies
- Heat oven to 500°F
- Rinse salmon and pat dry
- Place salmon on a parchment paper lined baking sheet
- Place thyme leaves underneath salmon
- Rub salmon with olive oil and sprinkle with salt
- Turn off oven and place salmon in hot oven, baking for 10-12 minutes, until just pink on the very inside
- Serve with Leek Coulis (above)
This healthy salmon recipe is based on one from Gluten-Free Girl. When I remade it my goal was to create my own dairy-free version. I guess I succeeded. My husband had no idea that I had removed the cream in the original recipe, and replaced it with coconut milk!