If you’ve been wondering how to make homemade Peppermint Patties this is the recipe for you! With only 4 ingredients, all you need to make this healthy Peppermint Patty recipe is coconut oil, dark chocolate, honey, and peppermint extract.
We make this healthy paleo dessert recipe all year round, but especially enjoy it on St. Patrick’s Day.
- Combine coconut oil, honey, and peppermint extract in a pint mason jar
- Using a hand blender whisk until smooth
- Refrigerate for 2 hours until firm
- Transfer into peppermint patty mold
- Place mold in freezer for 45 minutes until patties are firm
- Melt chocolate over very low heat and allow to cool thoroughly or patties will disolve
- Dip patties into melted chocolate using a dipping tool
- Place in freezer for 15 minutes
For perfect results with this homemade Peppermint Patties recipe, make sure the coconut oil mixture is rock solid before you dip it in the chocolate. Another tip? Do not over heat the the chocolate. If you have any leftovers, be sure to store them in the refrigerator or freezer, as they will not stay solid if stored at room temperature.
My husband adored these homemade Peppermint Patties, scarfing them down after work the other day. What we love about this gluten-free candy is that it melts in your mouth. The boys enjoyed them too!
Here are some of my other gluten-free candy recipes: