You may notice that some of the ingredients in this foot balm, such as coconut oil and olive oil are food. I was taught during my Ayurvedic training, that the skin is the largest organ of absorption in the human body. Therefore, I make sure that anything I put on my skin is healthy enough for me to eat.
I found the base for this recipe in the February issue of Living Without magazine –their recipe was for a body butter. I changed it quite a bit, adapting various ingredients and adding essential oils. My boys and I enjoy rubbing this on each others feet at bedtime. It also makes a wonderfully thoughtful Christmas gift. Customize with your own “flavors” and enjoy!
- Combine all ingredients in a saucepan over very low heat, stir until melted
- Remove from heat and stir to combine, then add essential oils
- Pour mixture into a clean 4 ounce mason jar
- Massage a small amount into your feet at bedtime to moisturize
- Or give as a gift to friends and family