It seems that Fennel Apple Soup is on everyone’s radar these days. And what better time than now?! It’s perfect soup weather here in Boulder –a toasty -2 outside, which begs for soup.
Gluten free Fennel Apple Soup has been popping up everywhere –on various gluten free yahoo groups and in various magazines. Here’s my version.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion
- 2 medium to large fennel bulbs stems removed and diced
- 2 large apples, peeled, cored and diced, I used Honeycrisp
- 1 quart chicken stock
- 2-3 sprigs thyme
- Heat olive oil in a large pot
- Sauté onion over low or medium heat for 10-15 minutes until soft and almost browned
- Add fennel and apples and cook for 5-10 minutes until they start to soften or brown
- Add chicken stock and thyme
- Puree soup in small batches (for safety purposes) in a vitamix until smooth and creamy
- Reheat soup and serve
In book news, my gluten free cookbook, The Gluten-Free Almond Flour Cookbook was listed in the latest issue of Publisher’s Weekly. And I have several media events coming up before the holidays. A radio interview on Epicurean Corner, a TV appearance on Good Day Colorado and another TV appearance on Daybreak on the Deuce. I will provide air dates and times for all of the above later this week.
Finally, Greg Mowery of stovetopreadings.blogspot.com reviewed The Gluten Free Almond Flour Cookbook, saying, “Amsterdam offers a fine group of tasty desserts such as Classic Carrot Cake, Choclate Velvet Torte, Chocolate Cranberry Biscotti, Pear Crisp and Pecan Pie.” Thanks Greg, I hope you have a lot of fun with these recipes and all of the others in my book!