With a few edits to the classic Cobb, this tasty traditional salad becomes nutritious high protein fare packed with healthy veggies. This Cobb Salad is a great make ahead dish. Prepare individual ingredients earlier in the day or the night before and then assemble the salad just before serving.
Traditionally, blue cheese is one of the main ingredients in Cobb Salad, however, I’ve eliminated this ingredient to create a delicious dairy-free dinner. Of course, Cobb Salad is traditionally gluten-free, so that was one less hurdle to overcome in putting together a new twist on this delightful classic dish.
- 1 pound small size chicken breast, cooked (about 1/2 pound before cooking)
- 6 large romaine lettuce leaves, sliced into thin strips
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1 avocado, diced
- 4 large hard boiled eggs, sliced into quarters
- 8 pieces bacon, cooked to a crisp and crumbled
- Homemade Ranch Dressing, to taste
- Dice the chicken breast into ½-inch cubes
- Place the lettuce on 4 plates, then top with the chicken breast, tomatoes and avocado
- Sprinkle bacon crumbles onto each of the 4 individual servings of salad
- Drizzle ranch dressing over salad
- Place egg wedges on the outer rim of each plate
Stay tuned for my gluten-free, dairy-free homemade ranch dressing recipe –soon to come.
Cobb Salad is perfect for spring; thankfully, we’ve had a nice dose of beautiful warm weather lately to help usher in the Spring season. My garden is in full swing and the dandelions are popping up all over the neighborhood.
I was more than delighted when Pesticide Action Network, a non-profit group I have been involved with for over a decade, approached me about collaborating. Pesticide Action Network is an international organization whose mission is to replace the use of hazardous pesticides with ecologically sound and socially just alternatives, something I am passionate about!
It was an honor to be featured in PAN’s quarterly magazine and to work with this group of highly educated people devoted to a cause in which I so strongly believe.
Free exclusive eBook, plus recipes and health tips, delivered to your inbox.