This recipe for Paleo Valentine’s Day cookies has just 7 ingredients –almond flour, coconut oil, honey, nutmeg, orange zest, salt, and baking soda. My boys love these Paleo Sugar Cookies because they’re delicious and so fun to make. I love them because they’re quick and easy to throw together and full of healthy ingredients.
These Paleo Sugar Cookies are gluten-free, dairy-free, and do not use refined sugar.
Since my older son did not want to give out paper valentines, he made cookie valentines. Because the children in his class have so many different food allergies, this recipe was perfect. Even without ingredients such as gluten, sugar, and dairy, my son told me that the children in his class said they were incredible!
- In a large bowl combine almond flour, salt, baking soda, and nutmeg
- In a smaller bowl, mix together coconut oil, honey, and orange zest
- Mix wet ingredients into dry
- Separate dough into 2 balls and place each on a piece of parchment paper
- Cover each ball of dough with another piece of parchment paper and roll out ¼ inch thick
- Place in freezer for 30 minutes
- Use heart shaped cookie cutters to cut out cookies
- Bake at 350° for 5-7 minutes
- Cool and serve
We frost these healthy cookies with my dairy-free White Chocolate Buttercream Frosting which makes them even more adorable and delicious! We make Paleo Sugar Cookies into hearts for Valentine’s Day, and at Christmas we use other fun shapes such snowmen and snowflakes. Rolling out cookie dough and cutting it out cookies, is a fun project that we love doing together!
Here are some of my other healthy cookie recipes: