These high protein Sesame Salmon Burgers pair nicely with Garlic Ginger Bok Choy.
I really like making these quick and easy gluten free burgers because they not only consist of highly nutritious wild salmon (obviously), they’re also packed with superfoods such as garlic, ginger and sesame seeds. Sometimes I like to prepare the salmon mixture ahead of time (think the night before, so that the flavors can meld into the salmon and intensify) and then cook the patties in a skillet the following day for dinner.
- Rinse the salmon, pat dry and cut into ¼-inch cubes
- In a large bowl, combine salmon, oil, ume, garlic, ginger, scallions, sesame seeds and eggs
- Stir coconut flour into mixture
- Use a ¼ cup measuring cup to form mixture into patties
- Heat the coconut oil in a 9 inch skillet over medium-high heat
- Cook the patties for 4 to 6 minutes per side, until golden brown
- Transfer patties to a paper towel-line plate and serve hot
Here are more gluten free burger recipes you may enjoy:
–Turducken Burger Recipe from Diane of The W.H.O.L.E. Gang
–Sweet Potato Black Bean Vegetarian Burger Recipe from Seamaiden of Book of Yum
–Quinoa-Salmon Burgers (Gluten-Free + Egg-free) from Ali of Nourishing Meals