This incredible Passover Torte is a three layer vanilla cake with raspberry filling, smothered in rich dark chocolate frosting. It’s Kosher for Passover, and since it’s dairy-free it’s the perfect Pareve dessert recipe to serve at the end of your Seder. Of course, we love it so much that we eat it all year round!
- In a medium bowl, combine almond flour, coconut flour, and salt
- In a larger bowl, whisk eggs, honey, and vanilla
- Whisk flour mixture into egg mixture until well blended
- Line bottoms only of 3 9-Inch cake pan cake pans with parchment paper
- Divide cake batter evenly between pans
- Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes
- Remove from oven when golden brown and a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean
- Cool cakes for two hours
- Run knife around cake to loosen from pan
- Remove from pan and peel off parchment paper
- Place bottom layer on a cake plate and spread with jam
- Add next layer of cake and spread with jam
- Place top layer on cake and frost entire cake with chocolate frosting
This dairy-free cake and frosting are rich and sweet. However, because this Passover Torte is made with almond flour which is high in protein and good fat, it can pass as a low-carb cake when compared to typical cake recipes. It tastes just as good as anything made with wheat flour and white sugar, but is far more nutrient dense. I like to serve this healthy dessert at the end of our Passover Seder because it doesn’t leave guests with a high-carb hangover after a long meal.
Because all of my recipes are gluten-free they’re also all Kosher for Passover. Here are just a couple of my healthy dessert recipes that are delicious served at the end of your Passover Seder!