My children love these Gluten-Free Pancakes. High in protein, we eat them for breakfast, lunch and every now and then, dinner.
This easy recipe for gluten-free pancakes is so simple that my younger son makes them from scratch quite often. The high protein ingredients alone in this recipe beat any pancake mix!
My husband and I were talking about pancake mixes last month when we had dinner at one of our favorite restaurants with friends Gary and Nancy. Gary mentioned that he was looking for a good pancake recipe. So I’ve decided to pass on our secret family formula.
- In a vitamix, combine almond flour, cream, eggs, butter, agave, vanilla, baking soda and salt and blend on high until smooth
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a large skillet over medium heat
- When butter is hot, ladle pancake batter onto skillet
- Pancakes will bubble, when bubbles open, flip pancakes over and cook on other side
- When pancakes are done, remove from heat to a plate
- Ladle more batter onto skillet and make additional batches, adding more butter to grease skillet as needed
- Serve with syrup and yogurt (if desired)
For those of you that have an almond allergy (or simply don’t want to order almond flour) be sure to check out my Banana Chocolate Chip Pancakes, made with whole raw cashews that you grind into pancake batter. With just 7 healthy ingredients, they’re a cinch to make and absolutely delicious!
Here are some of my other healthy breakfast recipes: