These Paleo Orange Dark Chocolate Chip Scones are perfect with a side of eggs for a healthy breakfast. Better yet? With only 6 ingredients, this easy scone recipe is a cinch to make. All you’ll need is almond flour, an egg, dark chocolate, orange zest, honey, and baking soda.
I went gluten-free in 1998 when I was diagnosed with celiac disease. I then went totally grain-free in 2001 to improve my digestion further. Ever since then I’ve been creating easy paleo recipes using as few ingredients as possible. I love cooking, but I love playing outside even more. So creating easy recipes for you is quite a passion of mine. Well, here’s another one!
This healthy gluten-free scone recipe is a favorite of my wonderful mother-in-law. She makes it all year round, and has a batch ready for us whenever we visit her. I hope you all enjoy these paleo scones as much as we do!
- In a large bowl, combine almond flour, baking soda, dark chocolate, and zest
- In a smaller bowl, combine egg and honey
- Mix wet ingredients into dry, thoroughly
- Form dough into a circle that is about ½-inch in thick
- Cut dough like a pizza, into 8 slices
- Using a spatula, transfer to a parchment paper lined baking sheet
- Bake at 350° for 10-15 minutes
The idea for this gluten-free scones recipe comes from Joy the Baker. When I saw her Orange and Dark Chocolate Buttermilk Scones using regular flour, I was inspired to make my own paleo scone recipe out of it!
Here are some other easy paleo scones recipes for you: