This is my all time favorite icing recipe. Lately, I’ve been using this vegan chocolate frosting for cakes, cupcakes, and also as a filling between chocolate wafers. My son loves this double chocolate treat –chocolate wafers with chocolate frosting– packed in his school lunch.
I promise, I’ll put chocolate wafers up here on the boards soon. That recipe just needs a few more rounds of testing until it is ready for public consumption!
1 cup chocolate chunks
½ cup grapeseed oil
2 tablespoons agave nectar
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
pinch celtic sea salt
- In a small saucepan over very low heat, melt chocolate and grapeseed oil
- Stir in agave, vanilla and salt
- Place frosting in freezer for 15 minutes to chill and thicken
- Remove from freezer and whip frosting with a hand blender until it is thick and fluffy
- Frost over cake, chocolate or vanilla cupcakes or between cookies
This gluten-free, dairy-free, rich and creamy chocolate icing will fool all of the junk food junkies, dairy-lovers and gluten gluttons in your life –they won’t have a clue that they’re eating on your meal plan. Go ahead, see for yourself.
Please head on over to Facebook or Twitter to ask me anything not addressed on my Frequently Asked Questions page.