My favorite part of Super Bowl Sunday is the food. I love preparing healthy gluten free Super Bowl snacks for my boys and all of their friends.
I would love to say that the cute little gluten free cake pops above were assembled by my children. However, I made them, and as you can see my cake and candy decorating skills are on par with those of a 10 year old. Or maybe a 6 year old. In any event, when I was a child I loved crafty little projects like candy making and such. Obviously, I haven’t had much practice since back then.
I hope you all enjoy these gluten free Super Bowl Cake pops! If you make them, please take a photo, as I would like to do a post sometime soon with all of your beautiful gluten free football cake pops.
Super Bowl Cake Pops
- Bake Chocolate Cake as directed on page 84 of The Gluten-Free Almond Flour Cookbook
- Cool cake completely
- Once cooled, crumble ½ of cake into a big bowl, making sure there are no large pieces
- Mix raspberry fruit spread into crumbled cake, use back of a large metal spoon to combine
- Mixture will be moist enough to roll into 1-inch balls and still hold a round shape
- After making balls, squish into an oval shape and pinch each end to make footballs
- Place footballs on a parchment paper lined plate and place in freezer for at least an hour
- Melt dark chocolate in a very small pot, over very low heat
- One at a time, dip about ½ inch of the tip of a lollipop stick into melted chocolate
- Insert the lollipop stick straight into a (football) cake ball, no more than halfway through
- Holding stick with (football) cake ball attached, dip entire cake ball into melted chocolate, until covered
- Make sure chocolate coating meets at base of lollipop stick; this helps secure cake ball to stick
- Twirl any excess chocolate coating off the cake pop so it is evenly coated
- Place lollipop stick into the Styrofoam block; allow chocolate coating to dry
- Pipe white chocolate stitches onto football cake pops
- Serve your healthier gluten free Super Bowl Cake Pops and wow your guests!
Makes 22 Super Bowl Cake Pops
Here is a fabulous post by Bakerella with her football cake pops versus football cakeblobs. And don’t forget to take a look at Bakerella’s how to make cake pops video. It is indispensable when it comes to tips for how to make great cake pops.
Happy Super Bowl snacking everyone!
Please head on over to Facebook or Twitter to ask me anything not addressed on my Frequently Asked Questions page.