Stuffed dates are as as sweet as candy, so of course, children like these treats. Adults enjoy the delicate blend of flavors.
- 1 cup pistachio nuts, shelled
- ¼ cup orange juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1 pinch celtic sea salt
- 20 large dates
- In a food processor, pulse pistachios, orange juice, orange zest and salt
- With a sharp knife, make a slit on one side of each date and remove the pit
- Push a teaspoon of pistachio paste into each date; gently squeeze closed so that filling spills over
Makes 20 stuffed dates
See for yourself, this dessert of Middle Eastern origin is quite tasty.
Please head on over to Facebook or Twitter to ask me anything not addressed on my Frequently Asked Questions page.