This dish is really more of a soufflé, though in my house it has come to be known as the cherished “Squash Pie.” This morning my dear friend Amado called looking for this recipe for his Thanksgiving feast.
- Rub squash with a dab of coconut oil
- Place cut side down on a metal baking sheet
- Bake squash in the oven at 350° for 40-60 minutes, until soft
- Scoop squash out of skin, discarding skin
- Place squash in food processor with butter (or oil), eggs, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt
- Puree until smooth and creamy
- Place in a 9-inch tart pan or a casserole dish and bake at 350° for 40 minutes
This recipe is my take on Sally Fallon’s “Butternut Squash Purée.” I wasn’t planning on including it in my Thanksgiving Menu, however, when Amado called begging for it, I decided it was a must. This delicious warm squash dish can be made dairy-free and is another great comfort food for the chilly season.
Please head on over to Facebook or Twitter to ask me anything not addressed on my Frequently Asked Questions page.