The boys’ school is selling organic peaches. I ordered two cases (about 40 lbs.) for my family; we will be getting our luscious Colorado fruit this Friday at 3 pm.
In the meantime, I am readying my peach recipes. Of course, my all time favorite is peach crisp. It is perfect for fall, which incidentally arrived a few weeks early here in Boulder. We are presently in a cold spell and warm cooked fruit desserts are ideal for this wet, chilly weather.
This easy gluten free dessert can be prepared in a jiffy.
- Place peach slices in a large bowl, sprinkle with lemon juice, vanilla and arrowroot; toss to incorporate all ingredients
- In a smaller bowl, combine almond flour, salt, baking soda, grapeseed oil and agave for topping
- Place peach mixture in a 2 quart baking dish
- Crumble topping over peaches
- Bake covered at 350° for 1 hour, until peach juice is bubbling; remove cover and bake a few more minutes until topping is golden brown
This lightly sweetened, gluten free peach crisp is delicious on its own or with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. The boys each had a huge helping today, heaped with homemade banana ice cream –completely decadent!
If you live in Boulder (or there abouts) and want to buy peaches for your own delectable crisp, call David Kennedy at 303-449-4213. The 8th grade class teacher, he’s a great guy, one of my favorite people at the school. His class is sponsoring the fundraiser in order to raise money for their trip this spring. What a win-win situation –get yourself some good organic, local fruit and help the children raise funds for their adventure.
(UPDATE: TRY MY REVISED PEACH CRISP)
Please head on over to Facebook or Twitter to ask me anything not addressed on my Frequently Asked Questions page.