Ok, so in yesterday’s “reach out and touch someone” post I failed. In fact, I fell flat. On my face. Do you know how many comments were posted? One. Not much community in one post.
To cheer myself up, I can always read some Dooce. That woman makes me laugh out loud. Or I can listen to the Captain and Tenille’s Love Will Keep Us Together. Either way, I do not despair, Passover is near and for me, this occasion provides endless activity and distraction.
For the Jewish Betty Crocker in all of us, here’s a delectable cake recipe for Passover.
- In a medium bowl, combine flours and salt
- In a larger bowl, whisk together eggs, agave and vanilla
- Whisk flours into egg mixture until well blended
- Line bottoms only of 3 nine inch cake pans with parchment paper
- Divide cake batter evenly between pans
- Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes
- Remove from oven when cakes are golden brown and a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean
- Cool cakes for at least one hour
- Run knife around cake to loosen from pan, remove from pan and peel off parchment paper
- Place bottom layer on a cake plate and spread with jam
- Add next layer of cake and spread with jam
- Place top layer on cake and frost entire cake with chocolate frosting
This pareve torte is rich and sweet. Though it is a tad sweeter than most of my desserts, that’s because a) this one is for a holiday; b) my husband really liked it that way.
Please head on over to Facebook or Twitter to ask me anything not addressed on my Frequently Asked Questions page.