Here’s an easy recipe for gluten free pancakes. These pancakes are so simple that my younger son makes them from scratch. The high protein ingredients alone in this recipe beat any pancake mix.
My husband and I were talking about pancake mixes last month when we had dinner at one of our favorite restaurants with friends Gary and Nancy. Gary mentioned that he was looking for a good pancake recipe. So I’ve decided to pass on our secret family formula.
- In a vitamix, combine almond flour, cream, eggs, butter, agave, vanilla, baking soda and salt and blend on high until smooth
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a large skillet over medium heat
- When butter is hot, ladle pancake batter onto skillet
- Pancakes will bubble, when bubbles open, flip pancakes over and cook on other side
- When pancakes are done, remove from heat to a plate
- Ladle more batter onto skillet and make additional batches, adding more butter to grease skillet as needed
- Serve with syrup and yogurt (if desired)
Makes 24 pancakes
Update #1: For those of you who have been requesting a dairy free pancake alternative I’ve recently posted my dairy free flapjack recipe. Enjoy!
Update #2: Check out my revisited and revised Gluten Free Pancakes Revisited recipe!
Please head on over to Facebook or Twitter to ask me anything not addressed on my Frequently Asked Questions page.