Toast it for breakfast and serve with a side of scrambled eggs. Works great along with a big salad at lunch. Or, for a quick and easy dinner, it makes a great sandwich with organic turkey, avocado, romaine, tomatoes and dijon mustard.
I think this bread would also be delectable as an after dinner treat with a smear of dairy-free butter (I’m very into this Earth Balance’s Vegan Buttery Spread of late) and a dab of jam or honey. If you’re looking for the Earth Balance, I purchase mine at Vitamin Cottage or Whole Foods.
- 1 ½ cups blanched almond flour
- ¾ cup arrowroot powder
- ¼ cup golden flaxmeal
- ½ teaspoon celtic sea salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon agave nectar or honey
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup walnuts, coarsely chopped
- ¼ cup hazelnuts, coarsely chopped
- ½ cup pistachios, coarsely chopped
- ¼ cup pumpkin seeds
- ¼ cup sunflower seeds
- ¼ cup sesame seeds
- In a medium bowl, combine almond flour, arrowroot, flax meal, salt and baking soda
- In a larger bowl, blend eggs 3-5 minutes until frothy
- Stir agave and vinegar into eggs
- Mix dry ingredients into wet, then add nuts and seeds
- Transfer batter into a well greased 7.5 x 3.5 magic line loaf pan
- Bake at 350º for 30-35 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into center of loaf comes out clean
- Cool and serve
Note: I’ve received several questions about how to store this bread. After baking, I let it sit on the counter overnight to cool, then wrap it in a paper towel, put it into a zip lock plastic bag and refrigerate. Stored this way it keeps for at least a week.
Here’s your Comment Zen for the day:
I eat Paleo/Zone for health and athletic benefits, but typically use your recipes for “treats” that don’t fall off the plan (too far anyway). Thanks for the excellent recipes and info, keep it coming. – Steven
What I love about this comment is that he really gets how to use my site and recipes in an optimal way. Amen Steven, couldn’t have said it better myself!
Please head on over to Facebook or Twitter to ask me anything not addressed on my Frequently Asked Questions page.