My husband loves this simple, moist gluten free Cherry Apricot Cake. I make sure to use organic dried fruit in this dessert since pesticides levels tend to be high in conventional cherries and apricots and more concentrated in dried fruits. I often purchase my organic dried fruit at the local health food store, Vitamin Cottage; for more “hard to find” ingredients such as organic dried cherries (sans added sugar) one of my favorite sources is an online company called The Raw Choice.
2 cups blanched almond flour
½ teaspoon celtic sea salt
½ teaspoon baking soda
½ cup agave nectar or honey
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
⅓ cup dried cherries
⅓ cup dried apricots, sliced into quarters
- In a large bowl, combine almond flour, salt and baking soda
- In a smaller bowl, combine agave, eggs and vanilla
- Stir wet ingredients into dry
- Gently mix in cherries and apricots
- Pour batter into an 8 by 8 baking dish
- Bake at 325° for 30-40 minutes, until golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean
- Cool and serve
It’s cold here and I’ve been getting a lot of exercise shoveling snow and chipping ice off the sidewalk in front of our house. The boys and I had a great time yesterday walking around the neighborhood for an hour in the snow. Today is bright and sunny –might be time to go out for a quick walk!
Please head on over to Facebook or Twitter to ask me anything not addressed on my Frequently Asked Questions page.