My husband loves this simple, moist gluten free Cherry Apricot Cake. I make sure to use organic dried fruit in this dessert since pesticides levels tend to be high in conventional cherries and apricots and more concentrated in dried fruits. I often purchase my organic dried fruit at the local health food store, Vitamin Cottage; for more “hard to find” ingredients such as organic dried cherries (sans added sugar) one of my favorite sources is an online company called The Raw Choice.
Magically Moist Cherry Apricot Cake
- In a large bowl, combine almond flour, salt and baking soda
- In a smaller bowl, combine agave, eggs and vanilla
- Stir wet ingredients into dry
- Gently mix in cherries and apricots
- Pour batter into an 8 x 8 inch baking dish
- Bake at 325° for 30-40 minutes, until golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean
- Cool and serve
It’s cold here and I’ve been getting a lot of exercise shoveling snow and chipping ice off the sidewalk in front of our house. The boys and I had a great time yesterday walking around the neighborhood for an hour in the snow. Today is bright and sunny –might be time to go out for a quick walk!
Please head on over to Facebook or Twitter to ask me anything not addressed on my Frequently Asked Questions page.