We are loving these Lemon Kale Chips. I can’t make enough of them –the boys scarf them down hot out of the oven. Yesterday, they ate 3 batches, yes you heard that right, 3 batches of kale chips, after school. Of course, like everything else I make, these are gluten free.
You can use curly kale (as in the photo above), or dino (lacinto) kale or any other type. My boys say it is best with the curly kale.
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Chop kale into ½ inch pieces
- Place kale in a large bowl
- With hands massage oil, lemon juice and salt into kale
- Place kale on parchment lined baking sheet
- Bake at 350° for 10-15 minutes until kale is dark green and crispy (Shauna from Gluten-Free Girl has a great Baked Kale Chips recipe on her site. She says the 12 minute mark is the perfect done time)
- Cool and serve
I first heard of kale chips in a comment from a reader more than a year ago. Then these tasty green treats started showing up on websites all over the internet, so I decided I really had to try some. And then… when my son made his birthday dinner request a few weeks ago, he asked for “Lemon Kale Chips,” little did I know at that point, what I was making a few times a week had a name. And so, there you have it, Lemon Kale Chips.
I’m really looking forward to this Thursday, April 15th when I will doing a book signing at Pharmaca in Boulder at 6:30pm. There will be homemade gluten free treats. Hope to see you there!