Last night we went out with our friends Debbie and Mike. They are quite the non-profit duo. Debbie founded the timely and super innovative Wellness Initiative, while Mike runs Progress Now. Two cutting edge organizations out to make the world a better place. What could be cooler?
Here’s what. Their son Lee will celebrate his first birthday next week. And they have another little one due any day now! We talked about children and of course, my favorite topic delicious, healthy food. They asked if I had any ideas for their son’s birthday cake and told me that little Lee loves bananas.
Here’s what I came up with. Bake it in a loaf pan and it’s a delicious, healthy gluten free banana bread; bake it in a 9 inch cake pan and it’s a delicious, healthy gluten free banana cake. Either way, enjoy!
- In a large bowl, mix together almond flour, salt and baking soda
- In a smaller bowl, combine agave, grapeseed oil, eggs and vanilla, then stir in bananas
- Mix wet ingredients into dry
- Place batter in either a 9 inch cake pan or two small 7.5 x 3.5 magic line loaf pans
- Bake at 350° for 40 minutes
- Remove from oven and allow to cool
Enjoy this delicious gluten free, dairy free banana cake plain or indulge with some cream cheese frosting for a super rich dessert. Either way, happy birthday!
Please head on over to Facebook or Twitter to ask me anything not addressed on my Frequently Asked Questions page.