This gluten free Grilled Lemon Chicken recipe from Ina Garten’s Barefoot Contessa cookbook is easy to make and amazingly delicious.
I cut her recipe in half and it was not nearly enough for my family. They licked their plates clean and my little one asked if we could have the chicken again the next night for dinner –and he’s a guy that complains about lack of variety, so you get the idea here.
- ⅓ cup lemon juice, fresh squeezed
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon celtic sea salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 ½ teaspoons fresh thyme leaves, minced
- 1 pound boneless chicken breasts, halved (not butterflied) and skins removed
- 1 head Romaine lettuce, remove bottom and chiffonade leaves
- 2 large carrots, grated or julienned
- "Peanut" Sauce
- In a medium bowl, whisk together lemon juice, olive oil, salt, pepper and thyme to make marinade
- Place chicken breasts in a [9x13 baking dish], then pour marinade over chicken and refrigerate for 6 hours to overnight
- Heat grill and cook chicken breasts for 10 minutes on each side until cooked through
- Cool chicken and cut diagonally into ½ inch thick slices
- Place chiffonaded Romaine on a serving platter, then top with julienned carrots
- Place chicken over vegetables and serve with "Peanut" Sauce
Note: to make this dish candida friendly serve without “Peanut” Sauce
I’m on an Ina Garten roll, her recipes are simple, full of fresh flavors and most importantly, my family loves them. Tonight I making a fabulous grilled salmon salad from The Barefoot Contessa Cookbook. I love that her dishes are easy to make, and that so many of them are gluten free as well.
My best friend Helen is a big fan of Ina Garten’s and gets all of the credit for getting me onto this Barefoot Contessa kick.