Every year I receive countless emails requesting ideas for healthier Halloween candy. Now there’s an oxymoron if I’ve ever heard one –“healthy candy.” Does such a thing exist? Well, probably not.
Now, with suggestions from many readers, I’ve gone ahead and compiled a list that is full of what I refer to as the “lesser of all evils” when it comes to candy. Trust me, I will not be eating any of the items below. That kind of sugary stuff –organic or not, doesn’t sit well in my body.
My children, on the other hand, are getting older (we’re pushing into the pre-teen years around here) and in an attempt not to be a total grinch I have compromised and chosen to give out decent (well, decent to them) treats that they themselves would actually want to consume. When they were little (that would be the year before last) I gave out organic fruit leathers –back then they thought this was the greatest thing! However, the times are a changin’ as the boys mature.
Thanks to your suggestions, this list is longer than I had anticipated and full of fun ideas for Halloween treats.
- Organic Milk Chocolate is what I will be handing out to my trick or treaters this year
- Yummy Earth Organic Lollipops were suggested by Elana, my doppelganger on the East Coast
- College Farm Organic Naturepops are a favorite of Jen’s
- Kind Bars are a delicious fruit and nut bar that Sandra likes
- Organic Gummi Bears -this idea was contributed by Kelly
- Organic Berry Patch Bunny Fruit Snacks -another gummy treat option
We’re all different, so see if anything on the list above meets your criteria. If you have other ideas go ahead and leave a comment so others can hop on your Halloween bandwagon!
Please head on over to Facebook or Twitter to ask me anything not addressed on my Frequently Asked Questions page.