My younger son is a big fan of my Chipotle Orange Chicken and asks me to make it on a weekly basis. Since it’s perfect grilling weather, I decided to make a version of this recipe with chicken breasts that could easily be thrown on the grill –just in time for when they arrive home from baseball practice.
Yes, we’re back in baseball season, this time it’s fall ball.
I like to serve this tangy, gluten free chicken dish with grilled broccoli. And what do I like best about this meal? No pots to clean!
Grilled Chipotle Orange Chicken
- Rinse chicken breasts and pat dry with a paper towel
- Place chicken in a 9 x 13 inch baking dish
- Pour orange juice over chicken breasts
- In a small bowl, combine garlic, herbes de provence, agave, salt and chipotle, then rub mixture onto chicken breasts
- Marinate chicken in refrigerator, time permitting for up to 5 hours
- Place chicken breasts on a plate, and reserve marinade
- Grill each side of chicken on barbecue until chicken is cooked through
- Cook marinade, bringing to a boil, then reduce heat and cook for 10-15 minutes
- Serve chicken with marinade
Check out my new book tour page. For those of you that live in the New York area, I will be doing a signing in the city on September 9th and also have one at the Culinary Institute of America in Hyde Park, NY on September 12th.
Please head on over to Facebook or Twitter to ask me anything not addressed on my Frequently Asked Questions page.