I was working my way through the Cook’s Illustrated website the other night and came across an amazing recipe for Triple Chocolate Espresso Brownies. As soon as I laid eyes on that recipe I knew I had to create a high protein, gluten free version. While my husband enjoys all of my gluten free chocolate recipes, this is his fave. He even left a special love note on the fridge for me late last night after sampling them.
Of course this is also a dairy free recipe for those of you who are learning how to cook without dairy; and has no agave in it for those avoiding agave. If you wish to try out other permutations to accommodate your individual needs, feel free to do so; just be sure to leave a comment and let us know if your substitutions worked!
- Melt chocolate in a saucepan over very low heat
- Add shortening and stir until completely dissolved
- Stir in ground espresso and remove from heat
- Blend in eggs, palm sugar, vanilla and salt to mixture in pan using a handheld mixer
- Blend in almond flour and coconut flour
- Pour into a greased 8 x 8 inch baking dish
- Bake at 350[deg] for 25-30 minutes
- Remove from oven and cool for 1 hour
The winner of last weeks giveaway for a copy of the book Go Dairy Free by Alisa Fleming is Holly!
Here are some more gluten free brownie recipes from other food bloggers:
-Hazelnut Brownies from Lexie of Lexie’s Kitchen
-Gluten-Free Coffee Cranberry Pistachio Brownies from Melissa of Gluten Free For Good
-Rockbrook Espresso Brownies from Lori of Gluten Free Best Friends Forever!