These Double Chocolate Mocha Biscotti are egg-free and gluten-free. Because eggs are a main component of biscotti, I haven’t seen a lot, if any egg-free recipes, for this type of cookie. My favorite thing about these gluten-free biscotti, however, is how simple they are to make. Just throw everything in the food processor and you’re already halfway there.
Double Chocolate Mocha Biscotti
- In a food processor, combine almond flour, cacao powder, arrowroot powder, ground coffee, salt and baking soda
- Pulse until ingredients are well combined
- Pulse in honey until the dough forms a ball
- Remove dough from food processor and work in dark chocolate with your hands
- Form dough into 2 logs on a parchment paper lined baking sheet
- Bake at 325° for 25 minutes, then remove from oven and cool for 1 hour
- Cut the logs into ½ inch slices on the diagonal with a very sharp knife
- Spread slices out on a baking sheet and bake at 300° for 12-15 minutes
- Remove from oven and allow to cool, set, and become crispy
Makes about 14 biscotti
I want to give a hearty thank you to all of my readers! It’s so important to me to provide a space where people can be themselves and honestly share their opinions, even if they differ completely from mine. In all of my relationships I consider honesty the highest form of regard and respect. Of course, it’s always a bonus when a person communicates in a compassionate way (and somewhat easier to connect to the person) however, I still consider honesty the first priority.
I love writing healthy, organic, gluten-free recipes and it’s a very nice bonus to hear that so many people are enjoying them, benefiting from them and finding them useful. Thanks again to my wonderful readers!
Please head on over to Facebook or Twitter to ask me anything not addressed on my Frequently Asked Questions page.