You may notice that some of the ingredients in this foot balm, such as coconut oil and olive oil are food. I was taught during my Ayurvedic training, that the skin is the largest organ of absorption in the human body. Therefore, I make sure that anything I put on my skin is healthy enough for me to eat.
I found the base for this recipe in the February issue of Living Without magazine –their recipe was for a body butter. I changed it quite a bit, adapting various ingredients and adding essential oils. My boys and I enjoy rubbing this on each others feet at bedtime. It also makes a wonderfully thoughtful Christmas gift. Customize with your own “flavors” and enjoy!
- Combine all ingredients in a saucepan over very low heat, stir until melted
- Remove from heat and stir to combine, then add essential oils
- Pour mixture into a clean 4 ounce mason jar
- Massage a small amount into your feet at bedtime to moisturize
- Or give as a gift to friends and family
Today I’m giving away an Elana’s Pantry recycled cotton tote bag from Eco Bags along with the Foot Balm featured and photographed above. To win, leave a comment discussing your favorite homemade Christmas gift. This giveaway is open to everyone, everywhere. The contest will end at midnight on December 15th, 2010.
UPDATE: This giveaway is now over. The winner of the Eco Bag giveaway was Ada. Thanks to everyone who participated!