If you like shrimp, try this paleo recipe for Curried Shrimp. The larger than life flavors meld together in this succulent and healthy curry dish.
4 tablespoons olive oil
4 cloves garlic
1 medium onion, chopped
½ cup tomatoes, pureed
2 teaspoons fresh ginger, minced
½ teaspoon cumin
½ teaspoon coriander
½ teaspoon turmeric
1 bunch cilantro, finely chopped
1 pound large shrimp, peeled
3 tablespoons lime juice, freshly squeezed
- In a large saucepan, heat oil
- Sauté garlic and onion over low heat until tender, about 10-15 minutes
- Add tomatoes, ginger, cumin, coriander and turmeric; simmer for 5 minutes
- Place shrimp in simmering sauce and cook for 10 minutes until cooked through
- Stir in cilantro
- Remove from heat, add lime juice
Adapted from Loren Cordain’s The Paleo Diet, a favorite book of mine in my quest to eat real, unprocessed food.
Please head on over to Facebook or Twitter to ask me anything not addressed on my Frequently Asked Questions page.