Perfect for holiday parties and potlucks, this chocolate bark recipe is a favorite of mine. It’s another gluten-free, dairy-free, vegan dessert that doesn’t taste it. And for those with no food restrictions whatsoever? Who can say no to candy, let alone chocolate? See for yourself, try some.
- In a large skillet, heat oil and agave until bubbling
- Add pecans and stir until they are well coated, then mix in salt and seasonings
- Cook for 4 minutes, then remove pan from heat
- Place nuts on a parchment lined baking sheet
- Place sheet in a 400°; oven and roast for 4 minutes, remove from oven and cool completely
- In a separate saucepan over very low heat, melt chocolate
- Pour chocolate into a parchment paper lined 9 x 13 inch baking dish
- Break up the pecans and sprinkle over the chocolate
- Using a metal spatula, spread the mixture evenly back and forth to ½ inch thickness
- Allow to sit out until set, 1-2 hours
- Cut into squares and serve
Makes 32 squares
I discovered chocolate bark at a Teaching Peace event. Teaching Peace is an incredible organization that focuses on restorative justice. David Title brought his chocolate bark to the event and I begged him for the recipe. Good man that he is, he emailed it to me later that same night!
I made a few changes, removing the dairy, sugar and brandy –you get the idea. Still, I owe David many thanks for this crunchy little dessert that flies off the plate at my house.
Please head on over to Facebook or Twitter to ask me anything not addressed on my Frequently Asked Questions page.