I’ve been wanting to make gluten free Carrot Cupcakes for a while now. When I think of spring, I think of carrot cake and when I think of picnics and potlucks I think of carrot cake cupcake yumminess.
My younger son loved these, though the whole family enjoyed them as well. In the spirit of my own personal cupcake month, I present you with, Carrot Cake Cupcakes!
Carrot Cake Cupcakes
- In a large bowl, combine almond flour, salt, baking soda and cinnamon
- In a separate bowl, mix together eggs, oil and agave
- Stir carrots and pecans into wet ingredients
- Stir wet ingredients into dry
- Scoop a heaping ¼ cup batter into a paper lined muffin pan
- Bake at 325° for 18 to 22 minutes
- Cool to room temperature and spread with Creamy Cream Cheese Frosting
Makes about 10 cupcakes
In banana news, the website Endless Simmer has a great post called 100 Things to Do with a Banana, which features my Roasted Banana Coconut Ice Cream. If you have some bananas sitting on the counter and are looking for inspiration, head on over to endlesssimmer.com.
I will be teaching a gluten free cooking class at the Whole Foods in Fort Collins, CO at 6:30pm, on Friday, June 25th. For more information please see their online store calendar. You can register by calling (970) 267-9200 or by visiting the guest service desk at Whole Foods.
I also want to mention that last weeks Friday Freebie giveaway officially ends tomorrow (5/19/2010). To be entered to win a jar of Naturally Nutty Organic Pepita Sun Seed Butter just leave a comment on my YouTube channel and let us know what your favorite video is.
Please head on over to Facebook or Twitter to ask me anything not addressed on my Frequently Asked Questions page.