I am on a coleslaw roll. In fact, my children are so tired of coleslaw that they have begged me to stop making it; I made coleslaw with dinner every night last week and just can’t get enough crunchy cabbage.
One afternoon last week, I put out a query on Twitter (my favorite e-venue to hang out these days, I’m over there quite a bit chatting with people real time) to find out people’s favorite coleslaw recipes. Jenn Cuisine responded with this recipe and I was hooked from the moment I saw it. My recipe is based on Jenn Cuisine’s. In fact, I hadn’t thought about making a “peanut” style sauce for my coleslaw and I have to say, this really hits the spot –and again, no agave and hopefully, healthy enough for all you health nuts out there!
- ¼ cup creamy roasted almond butter
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon ume plum vinegar
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- ¼ teaspoon fresh ginger, zested (I used a microplane zester
- 7 drops stevia
- ¼ cup toasted sesame seeds (2 tablespoons for dressing and 2 tablespoons for garnishing)
- Place chopped cabbage and grated carrots in a large bowl (will be about 5-7 cups of veggies)
- In a separate bowl, combine almond butter, vinegars, oil, lime juice, ginger and stevia, mixing thoroughly
- Stir in 2 tablespoons of the sesame seeds
- Stir dressing into bowl with veggies
- Serve, topping with remaining sesame seeds